Sunday, November 15, 2015

Screencasts

Technology has a wonderful way of befriending teachers from all levels and places. Several teachers extend their services way outside the classroom and give students a space where they can catch up and ask questions online either through a classroom website, eChalk, or Blackboard. Screencasts allow teachers to give students detailed instructions on how to create certain assignments such as blogs and comics or how to go about locating sources online.

Screencast-O-Matic

 
Screencast-O-Matic was incredibly easy to use. You do need to create an account initially. One problem I encountered was that Java was not fully updated on my browser, so I did have to update that before I was able to start recording anything. What I really liked was that Screencast-O-Matic gives users a countdown (3-2-1) before you start recording. This is wonderful because most recorders just start automatically. This allows users to prepare themselves and not just start rambling.

Screenr

Unfortunately when I tried to use Screenr, I received this message:

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you tried to use these. Java runtime seems to be the bugaboo for lots of people's videos~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I receive the same message when I tried to use Screenr. I agree with you Screencast-O-Matic was incredibly easy.

    ReplyDelete